Dear Ingrid Lee,
Grandma, Mom, and I came to visit you in the NICU this week. I was too little to go in and see you, but Mom and Grandma got to see you and Mom told me all about you. She said you have a ton of dark hair and you kept trying to take out your feeding tube! She also said you're getting stronger every day and eating really well! Hurry up and get big because I can't wait to play with you. I've already scoped out the neighborhood for the best stroller paths and parks.
Mom told me how special our friendship is, that our moms are best friends and our moms' moms were best friends too, so looks like we're stuck with each other:) I can't wait to stuff sand in my diaper with you at the cabin this summer, make sleepover forts with couch cushions, and eat tubs and tubs of chocolate chip cookie dough together. Oh and my cousin Joey was asking about you--he saw your picture and thinks you're pretty cute!
I love you,
Sage Josephine
PS For those who don't know--my buddy, Ingrid, was born 6 days after me and her story is on the Roligs in Minneapolis blog.
Dear Sage Josephine,
ReplyDeleteThis summer, will you put sand in my diaper for me? I'll do the same for you if you want.
Then we can have some milk for happy hour.
Love, Ingrid Lee