It seems as though I've got the knack for changing our beautiful daughter's diapers. I'm averaging about 2.5 diapers per change. Why you ask? Because as soon as I take the diaper off and reach for a baby wipe lovely little Sage decides to turn on the faucets. Old Faithful is what I like to call her because every...single...time...she chooses to pee on me as soon as I attempt the quick 1-2 switch out from the dirty diaper to a clean one. And it's not your average baby girl pee, no, this chick likes to pee straight up in the air just like a boy (and I swear it reminds me of that wonderful childhood vacation to Yellowstone and Old Faithful). For the first 2 weeks, I was the only one blessed with the opportunity to see Old Faithful. Whenever Nicholas changed her, she was a perfect angel--quiet, smiley, dry. Until last night...
Two exhausted parents, Nick and I decided to order in dinner and fall asleep before 10pm when we got a call from Nick's cousin Casey and Bridget asking to meet us at Chatterbox for some grub. If we left immediately, we would have just enough time to scarf down some dinner and be back in time to feed Sage before collapsing into bed. (Bridget is also expecting, but don't ask them when they're due...that's just mean.) Nick and I decided we could make this dinner date work, but we needed to change Sage before leaving--Nick so lovingly offered to execute the pampers switch-out. I'm quickly putting some things in a diaper bag and getting ready to go when I hear a gasp and expletive from the nursery...then a very loud fart that has the signature of our darling daughter all over it. Nick is frantic, Sage is crying, Katie is rolling over laughing hysterically. Turns out Sage managed to accomplish her first hat trick--poop, pee, and spit up all in one shot--just for Daddy. Nice work Sage, I'm proud of you! Here's a picture of what remains of Sage's infamous blunder. Yummy! (BTW, check out the slideshow for some new pics, including some of Sage with Aunt Jen and Uncle Dan and one with Great Grandma D!)
My once 3lb baby is now the BIG Sister!
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment